Red Deer Pond Hockey is a volunteer based recreation hockey league and as such it is important that parents/guardians contribute in one form or another whether it be helping out on the bench, score clock or during the tournament. If you are interested in Volunteering or sitting on the Board of Directors or RDPH Executive, please contact RDPH.
Note: All volunteers working directly with our youth will be required to provide an RCMP Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Record Check.
Overview of Volunteering Roles:
- Responsible for the overall operation of the team as per the mission statement and principles of the league
- Available on a regular basis to help the head coach in all aspects of the teams operation
Practice / Bench Helper
- Assisting the coach with on-ice drills during indoor warm-up and outdoor practices or opening closing doors during games
Team Social Coordinator
- Organizes off-ice team activities and parties Team Telephone Person Phones all team members in case of cancellations or urgent news
- Assist with the operation of the score clock for all home games Referee Parent referees are used in Division 1 and Division 2 Be part of a 10-15 person referee pool for Division 3 and Division 4 games. Training will be provided.
- Distribution and collection of all Kinsmen Skate-A-Rama forms to your team
RDPH Board Director
- Meet a minimum of six times a year to organize and improve all aspects of our league
Division Coordinators/Team Builder
- To be a contact point for the Division to receive and follow up team issues and provide any Division specific communication. In addition, to collect any Skate-A-Rama awards and Photos for distribution to teams and attend the Board Meetings to provide Division information updates. Role will also be involved in Team Build process.
- Team Builders Assign youth to teams ensuring balance, respecting coach/sponsor team build sheets and attempting to honor all player preference Tournament Help Assistance is needed with food stands, popcorn, firewood, cleanup and other tournament responsibilities
Team Manager and Jersey Parent
- If your child is play with a team, you will have the opportunity to volunteer for the teams manager or jersey parent position
Red Deer Pond Hockey is a family oriented organization, which believes that all youth should have the opportunity to play hockey in a fun and supportive environment.